09 January, 2011

Lesson 1: What To Do If You're Drowning

One day I'll show you the song that goes with this. But it's a nice little ditty, nonetheless.



"Lost in a sea of light and dark,
he stood with his back to me as I became my own worst enemy.
My sheets got stained with tears he made.
So I left town, packed my life into a black composition notebook,
and swore he would never touch this heart again.

Darlin' you were drownin',
in your foolish, prideful ways.
I fought so long, stood too strong,
but now my legs and back are shaking,
and I'm in need of a resue too.
Could ya' be my savior? Could you?
No, I think not.

Showed up in the foreign place on the cold November blue,
knew not more than a face or two, but could finally hold the moon.
Then he showed up, squeezed my hand and held me harder than is healthy to.
Called me his Angel, he was more than grateful.
It made me remember, how it could be better, lyin' next to someone who feels
their own heart ache.
He knows how to believe in somethin'
counts to three,
never lies to me,
and already offered me his key.

Burr it's getting colder.
Burr it's getting colder.

But when darkness falls, he is like the rest.
At the end of the night, he's more sunk than most.
Chokes down the liquor, shuts down the world,
gettin' high on nicotine and vodka,
his legs are crampin' up underneath the weight of it all.

Darlin' you're drownin',
in your compulsions, which stem from your sadness.
I could fight so long, I know how to stand strong,
but in a breath I'll be gone,
and it's my turn,
to have someone step in
and rescue me this time.

Cuz I'm drownin'
We're all drownin'
Just dronwin'
Without You."


No comments:

Post a Comment